Leica EM ACE900
Vitrified frozen structures are extremely sensitive to environmental influences and need to be protected from the formation of artefacts. Prepare your samples for detailed image evaluation under optimal conditions:
- Cold shield around the sample avoids water molecules freezing onto your sample
- Accurate temperature control during the complete process
- Clean Knife – fresh blade for each cut avoids contamination
- Instant, fast e-beam coating, which captures detailed surface information
- Protected vacuum transfer to other analysis systems
Why Freeze Fracture and Freeze Etching?
Freeze fracture describes the technique of breaking a frozen specimen to reveal internal structures. Freeze etching is the sublimation of surface ice under vacuum to reveal details of the fractured face that were originally hidden.