The New Leica EM GP Plunge Freezer has been designed for all EM laboratories with a need to view vitrified samples in the cryo-TEM, including biological research, virology, protein crystallography, pharmaceutical research and testing, cosmetic companies and industrial laboratories: to prepare samples as diverse as viruses and macromolecules to paint, for vitreous freezing of solutions, suspensions and emulsions in both aqueous and inorganic solvents.
- Comfortable and ergonomic observation
- Complete procedure can be viewed via a stereomicroscope for controlled observation of all processes
- LED illumination into the chamber and down to the Dewar enhances observation
- Single sided blotting prevents damage to films
- Manual (motorised) or automatic (programmed) 180° grid rotation allows blotting from either side of the grid
- Start of the process can be initiated via touch screen or footswitch